10th Berlin Human-Machine Systems Workshop
10th Berlin Human-Machine Systems Workshop focused on
Foundations and Applications of Human-Machine Interaction
10 - 12 October 2013 at the Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften 
- Call for Paper
- Conference announcement
- Conference topics
- Conference program
- Submission of papers
- Important Dates
- How to find BBAW
- Scientific committee
- Conference Organisation
- Listed on
The 10th Berlin Workshop on Human-Machine Systems focuses on the interplay between basic research and applied research in the field of human-machine interac-tion, and on human-machine systems research in general. Applied research sometimes reveals deficits that can be solved only through basic research approaches. Similarly, research opportunities in applied areas arise from new insights in basic research on human-machine interaction, which need to be further developed through application-oriented research.
More than in previous years, the 10th Berlin Workshop on Human-Machine Systems invites international contribu-tions. In addition to the German research community, we especially invite colleagues from international research institutions and applied fields, to submit papers and to participate in the meeting. The 10th Berlin Workshop on Human-Machine Systems will again offer English-language tracks.
This anniversary Workshop also establishes new avenues to publish accepted contributions including an ISBN num-ber and free online access. Two kinds of submissions are invited: A “workshop track” focusing on the presentation and active discussion of work in progress. And a “Re-search Track” which is reserved for the presentation of well advanced and completed works. Both tracks present to a panel of scientists from the academic community and industries.
- Support and assistance systems
- Multimodal use concepts
- User Experience Design
- Digital human models
- Cognitive Modeling
- Transgenerational Technology Design
- Methods for the design, evaluation and anticipation of human-machine systems
The programme includes
- keynote lectures,
- paper discussions,
- special sessions and
- a poster session for the presentation of ongoing research projects.
The conference program can be downloaded as pdf or viewed in conftool after login.
- ConfTool 
- Download 
For your talk you have 20 minutes time followed by 20 min discussion. If there are 4 presentation in your session the discussion time will be reduced to 10-15 min.
Submission of papers
Experts from different disciplines (engineering, computer science, psychology, design, etc.) who want to support the workshop with a contribution are requested to send a proposal for a paper or poster. Work in progress should be submitted as workshop paper or poster. For submitting a complete work please choose the research track.
Contributions can be written in english or german.
Contributions must include:
- Complete address of author(s) including email
- Preferably assigned to one or more of the workshop topics
- Contents of contribution on one page (appr. 400 words)
- please use for submission the conference tool: www.conftool.net/bwmms2013 
Based on all contributions the committee will decide about acceptance and the final program. Accepted paper must be submitted in a full version (4 to 6 pages for workshop paper or poster and 6 to 8 pages for research paper).
- How well addresses the contribution BWMMS topics?
- Originality of work.
- What kind of impact does the content have on the community/researchfield?
- Scientific quality of theoretical background, methods, and interpretation.
- How relevant is the content for practice?
- How comprehensible is the content?
- Appropriate form and language?
Please use for submission the templates which you can find in the following zip folder.
The templates were updated on July 4th.
Please only use these updated templates.
Please fill out the following copyright transfer form signed (by hand) by the first author. Then send us a scan of the form via e-mail until September 10th, 2013. Please use the subject "[submission ID], [submission title]" and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org 
copyright transfer form 
|Abstract deadline |
|May 27th, 2013||Final author
18th to July 31st, 2013||Early bird
|From August 1st,
|August 7th, 2013||Camera-ready versions
|10th to 12th,
A contribution will only be included in the publication of the 10th BWMMS if at least one author registers for the conference.
The fees are listed in the following table.
|Fees in €||Full conference
|Member of educational
One-day tickets include full conference access on one of the three conference days. Also included are the conference proceedings, coffee breaks and lunch (excluding conference dinner and social event).
Registration will be open from 18th of June via the conference tool http://www.conftool.net/bwmms2013/ 
- © Copyright??
Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der
Markgrafenstr./ Ecke Jägerstraße 22
-entrance in Markgrafenstr.-
How to find BBAW
- JetExpressBus TXL to station Unter den Linden/Friedrichstraße
- Bus 128 to U Kurt-Schumacher-Platz, change there into U6 Richtung Alt Mariendorf to U Französische Straße
- JetExpressBus X9 to U Ernst-Reuter-Platz, change there into U2 direction Pankow to U Hausvogteiplatz
- S9 to S+U Alexanderplatz, change there into U2 direction Ruhleben to U Hausvogteiplatz
- RB 14 direction Nauen to S+U Friedrichstraße, change there into U6 direction Alt-Mariendorf to U Französische Straße
- JetExpressBus X7 to U Rudow, change there into U7 direction Rathaus Spandau to U Mehringdamm, change there into U6 direction Alt-Tegel to U Französische Straße
- German Railways – Berlin Zoologischer Garten, then U2 Richtung Pankow to U Hausvogteiplatz or Bus 100 or 200 to station Unter den Linden/Friedrichstraße
- German Railways – Berlin Hauptbahnhof, then S5, S7, S9, S75 to U Friedrichstraße, change there into U6 Richtung Alt Mariendorf bis U Französische Straße
- German Railways – Berlin Ostbahnhof, then S5, S7, S9, S75 to S+U Alexanderplatz, change there into U2 Richtung Ruhleben bis U Hausvogteiplatz
PARKING AROUND THE ACADEMY
- Underground parking Friedrichstadt Passagen, Taubenstraße/Jägerstraße
- Underground parking Hotel Hilton, Mohrenstraße
- Underground parking Unter den Linden/Staatsoper, access via Behrenstraße
We recommend Hotel Gendarm Nouveau Berlin http://www.hotel-gendarm-berlin.de . There is a contingent of rooms reserved for conference attendants. Reservations until 30th of September 2013 (with credit card) and with the cue „Berliner Werkstatt“ obtain a special room rate (130,-€).
More Hotels nearby:
- Motel One http://www.motel-one.com/de/hotels/berlin/hotel-berlin-spittelmarkt/ , Leipziger Straße 50; PLZ : 10117
- Art’otel Berlin Mitte , Wallstraße 70-73, 10179 Berlin (special rate for delegates if referring to the)
- Angleterre Hotel  (Gold Inn), Friedrichstr. 32, 10970 Berlin (event. Sonderkonditionen, wenn auf TU Berlin verwiesen wird)
of Human-Machine Systems (ZMMS)
Technische Universität Berlin
Research training group prometei
Prof. Dr. Klaus Gramann
Dr.-Ing. Katja Karrer-Gauss
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias Rötting
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Nele Rußwinkel
Technische Universität Berlin
Dr.‐Ing. Anne Wegerich
Tel.: (030) 314‐72593
E‐Mail: email@example.com‐berlin.de 
COC Kongressorganisation GmbH
phone: +49 (030) 775 20 84
fax: +49 (030) 775 20 85
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 
M.Sc. Laura Doria
M.Sc. Alice Gross
Dipl.-Psych. Torsten Günzler
M.Sc. Hardy Smieszek